Vein Care Preceptorship Day
Instructor: Kenneth Harper, MD, FACS, RPVI, RPhS
This course is an introduction to comprehensive vein care for varicose vein disease. Learn more about the best vein care techniques while being immersed in a dedicated phlebology practice. The course may be taken independently or in conjunction with our cosmetic sclerotherapy class.
The clinical immersion includes observation of:
- New patient consultations
- Venous duplex mapping ultrasounds
- Development of treatment plans based on clinical findings
- Pre-procedure preparation: consenting, marking, tumescent anesthesia, prep and draping
- Intra-procedure: endovenous procedures (ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, RF Closure, Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy) and ambulatory phlebectomy (depending on case availability)
- Post procedure visits and ultrasounds
*CME Credits are not currently available for the vein care preceptorship.
Other training opportunities:
- Ultrasound technologist / RVT’s — duplex venous mapping and interpretation with Dr. Harper, RPVI, RPhS, and the staff of our IAC accredited vascular lab for venous testing
- Additional preceptor days are available for alumni of the one or two day CVT courses
- Additional training for practice management and marketing available upon request*