Participants have the option of one or two days of training with Central Georgia’s only IAC Accredited Vein Center, Vein Specialists of the South. Additional training days available upon request.
Vein Care Preceptorship Day
Instructor: Kenneth Harper, MD, FACS, RPVI, RPhS
This course is an introduction to comprehensive vein care for varicose vein disease. Learn more about the best vein care techniques while being immersed in a dedicated phlebology practice. The course may be taken independently or in conjunction with our cosmetic sclerotherapy class.
The clinical immersion includes observation of:
- New patient consultations
- Venous duplex mapping ultrasounds
- Development of treatment plans based on clinical findings
- Pre-procedure preparation: consenting, marking, tumescent anesthesia, prep and draping
- Intra-procedure: endovenous procedures (ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, RF Closure, Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy) and ambulatory phlebectomy (depending on case availability)
- Post procedure visits and ultrasounds
*CME Credits are not currently available for the vein care preceptorship.
Sclerotherapy Day: Cosmetic Telangiectasia of the Lower Extremities
Instructor: Terri Harper, MSN, FNP-C
Course Description: This one-day course covers basic phlebology and cosmetic sclerotherapy, the “gold standard” treatment for telangiectasia or ‘spider veins’ and ‘reticular veins’. Venous anatomy, evaluation, and current treatment protocols, as they apply to cosmetic sclerotherapy are taught including:
- Venous anatomy
- Screening techniques
- Current treatment options for spider and reticular veins
- Injection techniques
- Sclerotherapy solutions
- Post-treatment care
- Safety issues
- Integration of cosmetic sclerotherapy into your practice
- Marketing overview
- Opportunity to observe a dedicated phlebology practice
Continuing Medical Education and Credit Designation: Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits are available for the sclerotherapy curriculum with an added charge.
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical Center of Central Georgia and Vein Specialists of the South. The Medical Center of Central Georgia is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education.
The Medical Center of Central Georgia designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other training opportunities:
- Ultrasound technologist / RVT’s — duplex venous mapping and interpretation with Dr. Harper, RPVI, RPhS, and the staff of our IAC accredited vascular lab for venous testing
- Additional preceptor days are available for alumni of the one or two day CVT courses
- Additional training for practice management and marketing available upon request*